The Edelrid Spoc is in many ways similar to the Petzl Microtraxion, the Spoc is designed with a small, high efficiency, aluminum ball bearing directional pulley and a retractable toothed cam for progress capture. Suited to improvised crevasse rescue scenarios, hauling or as a lightweight rope ascender for emerergencies needing self rescue.
Although smaller (at 20 mm) than other pulley's Edelrid assure us the Spoc is more efficient (92% no less), which makes the device more compact than any other device of it's type. It’s definitely lighter than the competition at only 60g compared to 85g for the Petzl device. The cam can be fixed open to allow use as a simple pulley, a rather neat feature is than this function is actioned by the small cable pull which makes it easy to use with gloves on. The large carabiner hole allows the device to fully rotate around a carabiner, including the screw lock sleeve, making set-up significantly simpler.
Rated at 15kN ultimate strength (although no toothed ascender should be loaded at over 6kN due to risk of severing the rope) and a rope diameter range of 7-10mm. Edelrid do say it is also suitable for use with their 6.5mm Rap Line II.
The Edelrid Spoc - a small device with a big effect. Live long and prosper.
* The cam can be fixed open in order to use the device as a simple pulley
* 20 mm diameter pulley
* Suitable for rope diameters of 7.0 to 11.0 mm as well as for the EDELRID Rap Line II
* Ball bearing pulley for high Efficiency (92%)
* Cams with a self-cleaning slot for optimal grip on iced or muddy ropes
* The device must be used with an oval or pear shaped karabiner (carabiners to EN 362 or EN 12275 are recommended)
* Ropes to EN 892, EN 1891, and EN 564 can be used within the admissible rope diameter range
* CE marking: CE 0123