Giga Jul Belay Kit with Strike Screw
A belay set containing the Giga Jul belay device and HMS Strike Screw carabiner.
The Edelrid Giga Jul can work both as a standard tuber belay device and an assisted braking device, so you can abseil with this device. The green slider simply needs to be moved to switch between the two. The Main body of the Giga jul is made from light aluminium, whilst the friction channels and other areas prone to wear are made from robust steel.
The Edelrid HMS Strike is a strong keylock screwgate carabiner with a compact body and low weight.
Giga Jul Technical Specifications:
* Guide mode: simple and rapid abseiling and bringing up seconds plus comfortable belaying from a station with doubled ropes
* Assisted braking guide mode: brake boost for catching falls in leader mode
* Rope can be paid out faster in assisted braking guide mode by holding the device in the “open” position with the thumb
* Additional eyelet for simply unlocking the device in second mode using a carabiner
* Suitable for ropes with a diameter: 7.1–10 mm
* Weight: 121 g
Strike Screw Carabiner Technical Specifications:
* Weight : 69 g
* Closed Gate Strength : 22 kN
* Open Gate Strength : 8 kN
* Minor Axis Strength : 8 kN