The ATC-Alpine Guide a more compact and extremely light version of Black Diamond's award winning and most versatile belay/rappel device, the ATC Guide. Designed to handle the smaller rope diameters used when ice climbing and on alpine adventures, it has been optimised for ropes between 8.1 and 8.5 millimeters in diameter but functions perfectly with ropes from 6.9 to 9mm. It is simple, hard-wearing and ultra-light, only 73 grams (compared to 80g for the ATC guide). Thanks to the oval shaped anchor-hole, handling in guide mode is a dream, feeding and allowing you to pull rope through easily. As with the ATC-Guide you can belay one or two seconds, release the auto-block by inserting a small carabiner into the lever hole, and provides multiple friction modes to give the optimal amount of stopping power when lowering or rappelling. Engineered for the mountains.
- Ultralight and compact at 73 grams
- Multiple friction modes for belay and rappel
- Auto-block release hole accepts small carabiners
- Durable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught up between ropes
- Guide mode works with one or two ropes
Rope Diameter: 6.9-9mm
Auto-Lock if belaying from above