HMS Strike Safelock
The Edelrid Stike Safelock HMS is a belay biner which treats safety very seriously indeed. The Gate itself uses the smooth slide lock mechanism which is featured on other Edelrid biners. There is also a sprung wire which holds the belay loop and prevents the biner from being cross loaded, this wire also acts to block the gate from opening. In order to open the Strike Safelock you have to hold the sprung wire out of the way whilst sliding the lock on the gate itself.
- SafeLock carabiner with two independent, automatic locking mechanisms that make accidental carabiner opening virtually impossible
- Spring bar for correct alignment when belaying preventing cross loading; also ensures gate is properly closed
- Intelligent slide-gate locking mechanism with automatic locking system as redundant mechanism
- Keylock closure system for optimal handling when clipping and unclipping
- The deliberately complex opening procedure provides additional safety for a wide range of uses (HMS carabiner, top-rope rigging, roping up on glaciers)
- Not recommended for use with the Mega Jul or Micro Jul