Zone Climbing Shoe
The Black Diamond Zone combines the unparalled next to skin comfort and breathability of BDs innovative engineered knit upper used in the Momentum shoe range but with a performance last that places the foot in a more powerful position. This latest model from Black Diamond sits with their high performance shoes between the soft Shadow that is built for steep climbing and indoor holds and the stiffer Focus which performs when using smaller footholds and the weight is on your feet. It has a downturned shape allowing you to grab and pull with your feet with a wide double-strap Velcro closure to really hold the instep in heel hooks and when edging. It is built on the same last as the Shadow but with a full length medium-flex midsole that balances sensitivity with power, holding the foot on smaller edges. The Zone’s sticky Fuze rubber is molded and not cut from one sheet of rubber (this was inspired by the way carabiners are forged), to optimise the rand for superior grip. There is rubber print on the whole of the toe box for grip in toe hooking. This shoe is lined to provide stretch where you need it, consisteny and support where it matters but with all around exceptional breathability.
Get in the Zone during your next session with this new high-performance shoe designed for hard, steep climbing.
It is also available in a low volume version.
- Engineered Knit Technology upper provides exceptional breathability and comfort
- 4.3mm Fuse rubber is printed and molded for superior grip, optimal consistency, and performance
- Downturned last for steep pulling
- Minimalist midsole for extra sensitivity on steep terrain
- Two Velcro straps for fit adjustability - one designed extra wide for locking in an aggressive fit
- Regular last for regular to higher-volume feet