The Evolv Shaman is the new Chris Sharma signature shoe, designed by the man himself. Probably the most aggressive of the Evolv offerings this shoe is ideal for those overhanging sport routes and boulders.
The design process has incorporated some key elements which work together for maximum performance. There is a big toe 'knuckle box' and midsole 'love bump' which give the big toe room for a great fit but keep it firmly a position where you can get all available power for edging and grabbing strength. Power is transferred to the toes with a heel and arch rand which also eliminates dead space and movement during heelhooks. The Evolv Shaman aims to give the best combination of function and fit through the use of a leather forefoot liner for increased sensitivity and good feel together with a cotton heel to eliminate stretch. This is a very well thought out shoe.
- Profile: Downturned asymmetric with 'knuckle box'
- Closure: Three opposing hook and loop straps
- Sole: Two piece 4.2mm TRAX high friction rubber
- Rand: VTR3D variable thickness toe rand
- Upper: Synthetic
- Lining: Leather forefoot and footbed, cotton heel
- Midsole: MX-P 1.5mm half length with 'love bump' midsole
- Special: High friction toe patch