Switch - Last Season
The DMM Switch is a true leashless all rounder. Perfect for technical climbing on ice, mixed and alpine ascents. The glove friendly, hot-forged ergonomic handle has an upper and lower grip position enabling almost any kind of grip combination whilst changing hands, hooking or torquing.
The main grip is comfortable and sits the axe neatly in your hand. You can also hold the Switch with your hand on the secondary grip enabling longer reaching and helping to keep the pump at bay. Changing the grip from lower to upper really helps to ease the pump in your forearms thus helping you to move with more confidence on the ice. The secondary grip is also useful when swapping tools, double gripping or hooking your tools. The extra grip tape provided can be placed on the shaft above the upper grip option for a better grip.
The Switch has two weights on each pick which make it feel extremely balanced when you swing. The extra weight also helps to penetrate harder ice with less effort. As well as a lower clip in point on the spike, there is a smaller eyelet which enables you to clip in your spring leashes separately.
- Well balanced, leash less, technical ice/mixed climbing tool
- Hot forged ergonomic handle with upper and lower grip options
- Less pick shift when switching hands
- Pick weights for better balance and ice penetration
- T Rated Integrity Construction
- Inboard eyelet allows threading of cord for use with spring leashes
- Supplied with grip tape for handle/shaft user customisation
- Supplied with T Rated Ice picks as standard
- Available as a hammer or adze
- Mixed and Ice specific picks available separately. Compact Hammer, Compact Adze, Mountain Adze (Large)
- Weight: Adze - 722g, Hammer - 717g
- Length: 50cm
- Pick: Chromoly steel
- Shaft: Aluminium