The Petzl Nomic ice tool allows you to adapt your climbing skills to hard ice.
With a beautifully designed grip the Nomic feels great in your hands. This allows you to manipulate it just how you want, and reduces the risk of snagging when switching between hands.
The head is modular; two removable pick weights allow you to balance the head for maximum penetration in hard ice. For placing pitons the Nomic can be equipped with a hammer.
A stainless steel serated edge on the base of the grip allows you to get a bit more purchase when using it as a piolet.
- Ergonomic over-molded handle offers multiple grip options. The length of the handle may be adjusted to fit the size of the hand and glove.
- Specific shape of the shaft and the handle limit the risk of pick shift when switching hands
- Fully modular head for adapting the ice axe to the activity and context:
- equipped with MASSELOTTES pick weights, the NOMIC ensures precise, efficient purchase in the ice
- without the MASSELOTTES pick weights, the NOMIC becomes considerably lighter for dry tooling
- equipped with a HAMMER (optional), the NOMIC can be used to place pitons
- Interchangeable ICE pick is tapered at the tip (3 mm) for easy penetration, even in cold ice. Its shape allows stable hooking on both ice and rock.
- GRIPTAPE on the upper handle provides better grip and thermal insulation
- Serrated blade under the GRIPREST for better hold coming out of steep sections in hard snow or ice