Scoping the vast panorama's of the Himalaya, or sorting your gear in preparation to set out on an expedition in some corner of the high Andes. The La Sportiva G2 Evo is an ultra-thermal double boot designed for extreme mountaineering and prolonged use at low temperatures.
With technology and features to assure its competency in any element a mountain range can whip up, the G2 Evo is widespread in its use throughout the world by mountaineers. There are many, many reasons for its popularity, initially, it provides maximum water repellency due to its internal thermo-taping and innovative UltraSonic Welding technology, this allows all materials to be joined together without the use of stitching, such as its external anti-drag materials and the internal insulating package of the shell, these are joined seamlessly.
Cordura® fabric assures an absolute resistance to abrasion (as can be achieved by a fabric), whilst being constructed of quick-drying materials to allow longevity and prolonged use up at altitude. The G2's volume and weight are kept to a minimum thanks to its honeycomb tech carbon midsole and the compact high-performance construction of the boot. Its inner shell adopts the Boa® Fit System quick-closing system in a double configuration that guarantees a fast, easy, and precise fit to the boot. This Boa® Fit System that's placed outside its gaiter allows its closure to be adjusted without having to open the zipper of the external gaiter, this ensures the internal temperature inside the boot is absolute and means you can open and close the boot without removing gloves.
Belonging to La Sportiva's high mountain line, the G2 Evo is ideal for the mountaineers achieving or planning to visit the great heights of 6000 meters and above.
- Gaiter: Water-repellent stretch Cordura® + fabric with very high resistance to abrasion welded with Ultrasonic Welding technology and internal thermo-taping + water-repellent inner gusset
- Inner Shell: 4-layer insulating structure: water-repellent Cordura® + anti-drag insulating felt + polyethylene insulating barrier + aluminium layer that reflects the heat produced by the foot
- Lacing System: Double Boa® Fit System. Inside the gaiter for the upper part, and external for quick adjustment of the lower part
- Removable sockliner: High-Cut 6 mm PE + Eva Single Density with Flex Zone and double hook&loop closure
- Assembly insole: HoneyComb 3 mm insulating carbon
- Midsole: 2 mm polyurethane with differentiated thickness and crampon hook on the heel
- Sole:Vibram® Mattehorn with Impact Brake System differentiated lugs