Booster III 9.7mm - Dry Cover
The Beal Booster III - Dry Cover is compact, easy-running and ultra-light, this, the pioneer of thin ropes slides in everywhere. It offers excellent strength for very experienced climbers. A good compromise between weight, free-running, grip and strength with a low impact force and increased number of falls held. Each individual sheath strand has had the Dry Cover treatment which offers many benefits such as increased dust and water resistance and limited water absorption to improve durabilty. It also makes for smoother running of the rope through carabiners and quickdraws for less drag. A Thermo Fluid treatment is also used to stabilise the yarns to make them more homogenous, this provides a more compact and better handling rope. Finally, Booster III is made with a Unicore process whereby the sheath and core of the rope are bonded. In the event of the sheath being cut this means the 2 components of the rope remain together rather than them splitting apart and the sheath slipping the length of the rope.
• A good compromise between weight, suppleness, feel, strength.
• Low impact force.
• High number of falls.
• Has the advantages of UNICORE technology.
• Dry Cover treatment
• Thermo Fluid treatment
• Single rope - UIAA - CE
• Number of bobbins 40
• Weight per metter 61g
• Impact force Laboratory 7.0-7.2 kN
• Impact force BEAL Guaranty 7.30 kN
• Number of UIAA Falls Laboratory 10-11
• Number of UIAA Falls BEAL Guaranty 8
• Sheath slippage 0 mm
• Extension during the first fall 38%
• Static elongation 9.7 %
• Resistance to a factor 1,77 fall over an edge of radius 0,75 mm