Cobra II Unicore 8.6mm - Dry Cover
The Beal Cobra II is a classic half rope which is a great compromise between weight, stength and handling. It is light and free running making it an excellent choice for long routes at a crag or in the mountains. The Dry Cover treatment on the sheath strands adds resistance to moisture and dirt ingress as well as providing a smoother running though quickdraws. The Cobra II also features a Unicore construction whereby the sheath and core are bonded together for extra safety should your rope get cut. The addition of a Thermo Fluid process stabilses the yarn for a more compact rope with better handling qualities.
• Excellent compromise between strength and lightness.
• Low impact force and raised number of falls sustained.
• The rope doesn’t bunch up and remains supple for the long term.
• Allows escape by abseil even if the sheath is cut thanks to a Unicore construction
• Dry Cover treatment
• Thermo Fluid treatment
• Half rope - UIAA - CE
• Number of bobbins 40
• Weight per metter 48 g
• Impact force Laboratory 4.85-4.90 kN
• Impact force BEAL Guaranty 5.10 kN
• Number of UIAA Falls Laboratory 18-20
• Number of UIAA Falls BEAL Guaranty 16
• Sheath slippage 0 mm
• Extension during the first fall 35 %
• Static elongation 11,5 %
• Sheath percentage 39%
• Resistance to a factor 1,77 fall over an edge of radius 0.75mm